Not sure why this is so very, very hot, but it is. So much so that I just had to screencap every little moment, pretty much. XD
Just felt like sharing.
Featuring lots of SHINee, some writing, some general k-pop, and, yes, some Tegoshi. Mostly, I just reblog stuff that appeals to me, as one does on the tumblr. ;) (Click the dates for larger versions of the posts. The layout is tidy but not very... clear on that point.)
Anyone else on there?
Btw, I'm posting the (well, one) back story for my novel on tumblr, in case you're interested: http://andy1616.tumblr.com/tagged/dk-bac
Currently, I'm reading a very recent (last week) report from Australia called Catching up: Learning from the best school systems in East Asia. It's all kinds of awesome, if you're into that sort of thing. :)
While I still don't want to be a headmaster - anywhere - I do want to move on to positions more focused on development and marketing.
Speaking of (not) being a headmaster, it surprises me that the suggestion has turned up so many times, especially since I also get mistaken for a student, still. Not to mention that some students clearly do not respect me at all:
FEMALE STUDENT: *to another student, nodding towards me, while I am standing right there* Look at him! He's so cute! *looks at me* *tilts head* Aww!
ME: Have you hit your head?
STUDENT: So adorable!
She's actually one of our top students and otherwise perfectly charming, but also just weird. And it gets worse. Another female student recently compared me, quite excitedly, to a puppy.
No respect. None. Woof.
(At the same time, I'm apparently one of the strictest and 'scariest' teachers at the school too. So I guess it all balances out. Or something. *evil laugh*)
While I don't think anyone pays attention to this journal anymore, I was hit by a sudden urge to update. Perhaps only to distract myself from all the marking I have to do? ;)
Update re: SHINee concert...
I managed to get a GREAT seat eventually and had a simply fantastic time! However, I also discovered, this Christmas, that I brought home bedbugs from London. I now sleep on nothing but a foam mattress and have diatomacious earth circling every place the bugs can get to me. Trying to get rid of them has been hellish but they seem to be disappearing now... I hope.
I also wrote a fan account of the SHINee concert which became surprisingly popular on Tumblr. It was even translated into Korean and posted on both Daum and Dcinside. It must have been fairly hard to translate, but the Korean fans really seemed to like it as well. :)
It also includes my fancams. Poor quality but awesome angle.
Of course, an entry here without mentioning Tegoshi would be rather... out of character, wouldn't it? ;) I love that he dresses up as a girl so much these days, and I LOVE his new platinum-blond hair! <3
I miss Tokyo. :( I now have photos of Shinjuku and a gate at Meiji jingu on my desk at work. Sometimes, I stare at them and sigh. ;)
- Current Music:Didrik Solli-Tangen - My Heart is Yours (7h Radio Remix)
Going to London. To see SHINee. Next [eta: this] week. ..... O_O .... Yay!
I thought all was lost when the tickets sold out and I hadn't got one, despite having refreshed the relevant page(s) constantly since the announcement Wednesday morning. But then, for some reason, I tried hitting F5 again on the (malfunctioning) booking page. No tickets. All seats full. At this point, I was feeling very down. For no particular reason except possibly habit, I hit F5 again. No tickets. Time to get back to supper. But. Once again. F5. ....... Tickets! Whether because of a refund or some technical glitch, I could FINALLY book a ticket! (I don't think I've entered card details so quickly before in my life.)
The seat I'm in is near the back, but I still have a tickets - something many who desperately want to go never managed. Add to this the fact that I have next week off and I actually feel quite lucky. (And work is shite atm, so I really need something to go right.)
...... And I forgot to post the above when I first wrote it, and now I don't feel as lucky. Everything above is still true, but the fact that I'm near the back is really getting me down. This is all so expensive and SHINee will look like the little people from Gulliver's Travels from where I'm sitting. I had hoped to buy a better ticket off Ebay but they're going for ridiculous sums and are still not that great, seating-wise.
And I haven't even booked a hotel yet. Can't decide if I want to go for a more expensive one that's near the venue, or a cheap one in zone 3.
Once again, with
- Trip to Japan was stressful. Also very interesting and sometimes lots of fun, but... much stress.
- Got tonsillitis the day before the trip. Going to the doctor in Japan was a new experience. 'Here, look inside your disgusting throat! And your equally disgusting nose! And give me plenty cash!' Still, Japanese medicine - awesome stuff!
- The media followed us around a bit. We got a tour of NTV the very first day, then filmed when we visited a school, plus when we visited a kindergarten (by two other TV stations), and filmed when trying Japanese food - the very last night (bad idea). We were apparently on the show that replaced Zoom-in, a few weeks ago. I haven't seen it.
- Going to the high school was a bit like trying out what it might feel like to be a celeb. We were pretty much mobbed by enthusiastic students who wanted to take pictures with us. Don't know how many shots I posed for. And of course they all thought I was one of the students until I pointed out their mistake (it is getting a bit old now, really, but never ceases to be flattering). A cute guy called me 'ikemen'. I suspect I blushed, slightly, unfortunately. *embarrassed* One of my students asked a bunch of girls what kind of guys they were into, and they turned and pointed at me. *laugh* It was a good day for my ego. ;D
- Also met flaming gay guy who was the leader of the rugby team at the school. He was fabulously awesome! :D
- Saw many hot guys. Did not see Tegoshi. Saw other apparently famous people at NTV. Did not care. ;)
- Had close encounter with food-huntin' deer in in Hiroshima. Was fun.
- Took many photos. Might upload some later.
- Bought lots of fun stuff. Mainly kpop things and plastic figurines. *nerd* Was in a bit of a hurry though. Only had a few hours for shopping. ;)
- Tegoshi in drag! I've said it before, and I will say it again: So hot! Finally saw ep 6 of Deka Wanko and... WOW! *stares in awe* Honestly, he could dress like a girl even MORE, imo. So pretty! :D Plus, I really like goth-loli style, so... good episode. Yes. XD
- Put together a new computer last week. Am now poor. Well, no, not really. Just a little. I try to eat cheap now. ;)
- The new computer is super fast! Core i5 2500K + 8GB RAM + SSD + Radeon HD6850. Photoshop starts in a matter of seconds (five? haven't timed it), and that was the whole point. I bought a new PC in order to be able to focus more on digital art again.
- Which is also why I bought a Wacom Intuos4 L. It's fantastic! Highly responsive + rotation and tilt sensitivity! Wheee! :D Also very expensive, but if you want quality... Now I have five tablet, but this one is SO much better than the other four.
- Also bought a Wii, on sale. Tried it today. Is cool! I especially like the sword-fighting game. :)
- So, yes, poor.
- Because I also bought lots of clothes, of course. Like a leather jacket.
- And awesome boots. And other shoes.
- Not all at once though.
- This is a really odd list.
- Going to Japan next Sunday. So much stress! Papers to grade and courses to finish. Plus I'm still crap at Japanese.
- Which will be highly embarrassing on Japanese TV, if they try asking me question in Japanese. I shall insist on English. Hai.
- Know what else would be awesome? If they recorded Itte Q when we tour the NTV studios. ;) As if.
- Have been asked out to lunch by hot 23-year-old. I approve of this development. ;)
- Speaking of hot, the weather has been reeeaaally nice lately. Summer! :D
- Oh, almost forgot: UK comedy Campus is AWESOME! So sad that the first season is over, but it certainly went out with a gloriously Glee bang:
We've now decided on a new date for our trip to Japan - May 22 (or 21, or 23... haven't booked tickets yet)! :)
In totally unrelated news, I'm experimenting with photography again. I'm also posting over at DeviantArt. Didn't do that for a long time but have decided I'm through limiting creative expression in my personal life just because I work as a teacher. If students/parents/employers complain, I'll deal with it.
It started because I needed some pics for my Qruiser page (Swedish gay site) in combination with doing photo work for my school website. Then I just kept 'going'. ;)
Speaking of the Qruiser page, I've never used that site before and I'm very ambivalent... Sure, I get lots of guys hitting on me (from teenagers to ooold guys O_O), but I can't really get 'into' any of them. Got a little bit excited when a cute guy I'd noticed at Wonk (gay club) last year messaged me but... well, I dunno. Meh.
photo10 by ~aknphoto on deviantART
( (DAflash)picspamCollapse )
I think I've improved a bit...? I use RAW now, and gradient mapping. Still, I'm far from really good. ;)
Sorry about falling off the radar, again. I so often feel like I can barely keep myself afloat these days, so I've come to neglect LJ. That doesn't mean I've been completely inactive online, but this blog is more important to me than Facebook (school account) or Qruiser (barely an account), so I've put off writing here because... I just didn't quite know what to write. (That doesn't even make sense, I know. I suck at explaining.)
As some of you know, I was supposed to go to Japan with my students and a coworker/friend. However, the school has decided we have to postpone because the Swedish authorities still advise against 'non-essential travel' to Japan. (Which is b.s., but still.)
And we were going to visit NTV (and be on NTV) and everything. *sigh*
Though I don't know anyone who was physically affected by the disaster in Japan, my coworker lost friends (a young family) in Sendai and the whole thing just... got to me, a lot. So I came up with the idea of the school (students and teachers) folding a thousand paper cranes and then raising money for those affected by the earthquake.
In one day, we raised 500,000 yen - and there's more coming in even now. (And keep in mind - we're a TINY school. Only 70 students.)
We raised the money for NTV's charity (24... 36 Hour TV... whatever it's called now) and were to hand them over in person two weeks from now. We'll have to transfer them to the charity's account instead now. Pity. It would have been nice for the students to be able to hand it over directly.
The Fukushima situation had an unexpected side-effect for me. Even though I was fairly sure no major nuclear catastrophe affecting Tokyo would occur after the first few days, I kept worrying unreasonably much. And though I worried about everyone's safety, I worried the most about a person I don't even know. Yeah. I thought I was past that... him. ... Not so much. And how stupid is that?
I couldn't even teach classes properly. My colleagues wondered if there was something wrong with me. There clearly is.
So now we're probably going at the end of May instead. Hopefully.
Tegoshi has blond hair again. Well, blond-ish. Pretty! :)
I like Deka Wanko! Finally, Tegoshi looks and behaves more 'normal' again. Not like that 'doll' in Yamato Nadeshiko. ;) He's never been THIS hot in a drama before!
That reminds me, I saw the Koi no ABO fancam from Dreamboys for the first time today. ........ Just thinking about it makes me zone out. ..... It was good. Very, very... VERY good! :)